Friday, January 4, 2008

I've been thinking about how to save more money. I would like to do a no spend month but I think that this is not feasible especially with little ones. What I will do instead is to really think about a purchase before I buy.

Ask myself these questions:
Do I really need it?
Do I have something I can use at home instead?

I'm really debating buying a laptop. I know that I could really use it for school work, especially when ds doesn't want to sleep anywhere except my arms. I am taking 2 internet classes and both rely heavily on computers. I would rather not spend the money as much as I could use one. I think for the time being we will wait. I will need Office 2007 and that will be at least $200 so it may be best that I do not buy one. Maybe after we get income taxes back. There may be some good sales then too.

I think staying home saves us quite a bit of money. We don't buy much and we don't end up spending money on food. I want to start shopping by myself (or with one kid only) beginning next week. Hopefully they will have some good sales. I've heard that there will be a lot of coupons in this week's paper - so hopefully they will be good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment