Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Joined Club HASAY

I joined this wonderful group of women who are trying to lose weight. I think it will be a good thing to have people to help motivate me to lose this baby weight. You can check the group out here: Club HASAY

1. What motivates you and why do you want to do this challenge? I'm fat! Ok. I'm sure you already figured that. LOL. When I got pregnant with my daughter in November of 2005 I had about 20 or so extra pounds on my body. I should weigh around 135-140 and I was getting up there a littlescalee over 160. So, when I had her I weighed in around 200 pounds. After that I went down to 180. When my daughter was 6 months we got pregnant again with our son who was born in November of 2007. By the time he was born I was 214 pounds. At my 3 week checkup I was already down to 191 but I started inching back up. As of today I am 202.5 pounds and I HATE IT!!!I have 3 pairs of jeans and they are starting to rip in the seams (again because I'm fat) but I do not want to buy any more.

2. What is your long term goal? My long term goal is to be back at a healthy weight. I'd love to be able to buy any shirt I wanted to and not have to think how the shirt will hang over my hips. Ultimately my goal is to be below 150 pounds and back in a size 8-10 in pants and medium shirts (though I can wear medium shirts they don't always look right - my hips and thighs and stomach are what is gaining the weight. The top half of me doesn't look all that bad, although I could use some toning.

3. What is your short term goal? My short term goal is to lose 20 pounds and I would like to do that within the next 6 months. If I do this I could get back into some of my size 12 jeans!! YEAH!!

4. What tools are available to you? Treadmill, double stroller, Hip Hop Abs videos, another video series of which I cannot recall the name, several Denise Austin videos where she's so bright and cheery that I want to strangle her, a bowflex (though I really don't know how to use it), some free weights, one of those seats that you sit on and work your abs, and a sit-up bench. I have a lot of tools, I just lack the motivation and time.

5. How often can you exercise? There is really no reason why I should not be able to exercise every stinking day! lol. But be realistic. With my class schedule the way it is now (at least for 2 more weeks until classes end) there is no reason why I cannot exercise at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes. I will probably get on the treadmill, but really any exercise will help me.

Also, I am going to try to find ways to squeeze a little exercise in here and there. For instance, tonight while my daughter was in the tub, I cleaned the sink and toilet as usual, and then I did some squats and knee lifts.

6. What do you plan on doing? Exercise is my biggest problem. With my classes, family, daily life (oh and we're in the process of getting loan to build a house) I seem to be pretty busy. But I think this darn computetreadmillr takes up a lot of my time (if you want proof, go look at the dishes that have been there for 2 days! GASP!) I plan on setting the timer on my cell phone so that I do not spend too much time one here. I do take computer classes, so that I cannot help how much time I need to spend on her for those. But I can for everything else. Here's the breakdown:

  • 30 minutes reading emails and doing Entrecard
  • 60 minutes writing for blogs and AC
  • 30 minutes for reading blogs and commenting, and miscellaneous

In the food department, I will watch my portions. I think that is all I can really do, because I know that if I deprive myself I will only want something more (especially if that something is chocolate). I will then precede to eat the WHOLE batch of no-bake cookies that I will be seduced into making.

7. What has worked for you in the past? haha. I would not suggest doing what worked for me before. I was 170 pounds and went down to 138. I looked good. But I also cheated and took ephedrine. Dang that stuff was great. There is also significant risk in taking them and I know that now.

I will update my blog often with how I am doing with exercising and, of course, my weigh-ins on Mondays. UGGGHHH.

lisettetodaysig

8 comments:

  1. A Treadmills is exercise equipment used to remain fit. The person involved in exercise is allowed to run or walk on the belt of the machine without changing the place. It has many positive effects on the health of the person using it.

    http://www.yorkfitness.com/Treadmills-cat-501/Index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Club HASAY! I sent this link out to the mailing list so the other members should be by to heckle you soon! I'm with you on the too much computer time, I'm trying to come up with a schedule myself so blogging doesn't take over my life.
    Kat @MotherFonker does the Hip Hop abs for her workout, you guys can be hip hop buddies! I think we have very similar long term goals, I just want to fit into my clothes and feel better about myself. The HASAY peeps are good motivators so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the group! We will do our best to derail you and your efforts! Just kidding. Your plan sounds doable and I really like how you schedule amounts of time for blogging/commenting, etc. Very smart.

    http://drasticmeasures-beth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Hasay!!! Another Hip Hop Abs fan, huh? I'm intrigued, but I seriously think it would put me in the hospital!

    BTW - Cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the club! And good luck in your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome! I'm the Wii Fit Enthusiast. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to HASAY! If you're on the mailing list, prepare to be updated. A lot!
    It sounds like you've got the motivation and that's half the battle, so you're already in a positive place. Keep it moving!

    ReplyDelete

  8. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete