Sunday, December 7, 2008

Smells Like a Burger Joint in Here!

I am busy cooking up 10 pounds of hamburger and 6 pounds of chicken strips. Why you may ask? There are two reasons. The first is because I decided to do an experiment and only go shopping once a month. We spent almost $150, but will only need to go back to the stores once a week to pick up milk and fresh fruit. You can read more about my Monthly Shopping Challenge here: First Time Shopping for a Whole Month.

The other reason I cook up so much meat instead of just throwing it in the freezer is because it's a time saver. I may be cooking up a lot right now, but when I am trying to make dinner, it is just so handy to have the meat already cooked. All I do is unthaw and throw it in whatever I am making. It is really a great time saver.

What tricks do you use to make dinner easier and/or quicker to get on the table?

lisettetodaysig

No comments:

Post a Comment