Sunday, November 2, 2008

Husband went to the grocery store!!!!!!!!

So, this week we are little short on money and trying to squeeze out everything we can from our freezer and pantry. Dh took our 2 year old daughter to the storeapples with him today and bought too much. He spent almost $28 and didn't get much. He bought her Dora yogurt for $2.69 for a 6 pack!! Holy Moly!!! That's pricey, but at least it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup in it, which is a plus. He also got bananas, apples, a yogurt for him for work, 6 pounds of ground beef at $1.99 a pound, whole wheat tortillas and I think that's it.

I hate when he goes to the store. I can go shopping at Aldi's and do so good. I can go in there with $40 and get enough to feed us for more than a week. Right now we are shopping every week to two weeks, but our goal is to start shopping once a month and then just go once a week to get milk and fresh produce. Once a month shopping takes more planning and I need to work on that .

Lisette

2 comments:

  1. I soo can relate...one day I sent the hubby to get an exstention cord...I even made it easy and said...I only need a short one...yet the orange kind...go to Dollar General and they have it for like 5 bucks...HAHAHAHAHAH what was I thinking he went to the home and garden store...which is always pricier...and some how...I'm still not sure how...spent 25 bucks on a darn cord...it was the right length and all but I know he could of gotten it for 5 cause I had just seen them at the other store...he was clueless when I errupted like a volcano...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. My husband would have told me that the $25 cord was better quality and we would have it longer. It's an extension cord for goodness sake!!!! There is a certain level of quality required for the stuff you buy. Anything above that, is just wasted money in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete